Have you lost someone due to negligence? Let our wrongful death attorneys help you.
Many innocent and beloved people have lost their lives due to someone else’s negligent behavior. An attorney who is experienced at wrongful death suits understands that while monetary compensation cannot return your loved one to you, it can help you with mounting bills, a loss of wages, and other consequences that are the direct result of your loved one’s death. After such a devastating loss, we here at the Law Firm of “www.needaninjuryattorneytexas.com” understand that filing a suit seems like one more financial and emotional hardship, but it is important to speak to an attorney as soon as possible to understand and explore all your options.
Medical and funeral expenses will no doubt create a mounting monetary debt that is associated with the loss of your loved one. Without your loved one to contribute, there are other expenses that will also take their toll. With the help of the Law Firm of “www.needaninjuryattorneytexas.com”, you could be awarded damages based on:
- Financial dependency
- Historical earnings and possible future earnings
- Cost of medical, funeral, and burial
- The value of emotional damages and the loss to those that are still living.
When a loved one passes away due to the negligence of another, many people are affected by the loss. However, in the state of Texas, only immediate family can bring a suit for a wrongful death. Immediate family members are defined as:
- Common law spouses
- Adopted children
Unfortunately, in the state of Texas, siblings and same-sex spouses cannot file for wrongful death.
You may have some questions about what does and does not qualify as a wrongful death. Most commonly, wrongful deaths are a result of gross negligence during these types of situations:
- Trucking accidents: If a negligent driver or trucking company do not follow regulations that result in a death.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian accidents: Irresponsible car and truck accidents that do not follow the law which results in the death of another.
- Ridesharing accident: If your loved one died while riding, for example, in an Uber it could be the fault of the driver.
- Motorcycle accident: If your loved one was struck and killed while riding a motorcycle, the other driver could be held liable for damages.
- Bus accidents: Commonly, these accidents are due to distracted driving and can be held for damages.
- Commercial vehicle accidents: These accidents occur when a person is driving on behalf of a company and their negligent behavior causes an accident that results in death.
Our lawyers here at the Law Firm of “www.needaninjuryattorneytexas.com” are here to help you make sense of this senseless tragedy and answer any and all of your questions. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys are located in the city center of Dallas, Texas but we are proud to serve the surrounding areas of the great state of Texas. Give our friendly and knowledgeable staff a call and we will be happy to help fight for your rights and make sure that the responsible party is held accountable for their actions and your loss is compensated appropriately.